FREE PROVIDER TRAININGS
SLCAD provides FREE in-service trainings to service providers and professionals such as law enforcement agencies, domestic violence shelter staff, mental health counselors, health care professionals, sexual assault services providers, emergency first responders, attorneys, legal personnel and sign language interpreters. Trainings may take anywhere between 1.5 to 3 hours, depending on the need. Our training curriculum includes topics such as:
- Statistics of abuse in the Deaf Community
- What abuse looks like in the Deaf Community
- Deaf Culture
- Communication tips
- Welcoming Deaf victims in shelters
- Law enforcement emergency response protocol for Deaf victims in crisis
- Mini sign language lessons/role play/case scenarios
- ADA laws
- Providing Accessible legal advocacy in the Deaf Community
- Interpreter roles and responsibilities
If you are interested in receiving our training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a training date. We aim to personalize our training curriculum to meet your individual needs. We look forward to working with you to keep our community safe!
FREE COMMUNITY EDUCATION CLASSES
SLCAD also provides FREE educational workshops to the Deaf Community. We want to make information accessible to the Deaf Community. Our workshop topics are:
- Special awareness month topics: Stalking (January), Dating Violence (February), Sexual Assault (April), Child Abuse (April) and Domestic Violence (October).
- Emergency preparedness/safety planning
- Healthy relationships
- Abuse in the LGBTQ community
- Cycles of Abuse: how it affects the entire family
If you want to participate in the workshops, check our calendar to register. If you want to share ideas of workshop topics that is not listed above, please email email@example.com.