We invite you to become a member of an important team assisting and empowering Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf/Blind victims of abuse. The best way we can stop violence is to become “upstanders” instead of “bystanders” doing something about it. There are many opportunities for you to make a difference!
Here’s are ways how you can join the “Sego Lily Team”.
Become a Board Member
- Participation in fund raising planning and implementation
- Policy and procedure development
- Decision making
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Must pass a Background Criminal Investigation (BCI) check
Become a General Volunteer
- Fundraising events
- Office help
- Assists with Education and Awareness Programs (workshops; parenting classes, trainings)
- Child care
- AND MORE!
Become a Volunteer Victim Advocate
What advocates do:
- Provide comfort and emotional support
- Empowers victims in becoming survivors
- Find safe and accessible shelters
- Obtains legal support for victims
- Helps victims get medical care
Requirements to become a volunteer victim advocate
- take the 40-hour domestic violence training
- Attend monthly advocate meetings
- Take on hotline duty one week a month
- A two year commitment
- Have fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and knowledgeable about Deaf Culture
- Have access to private transportation and car insurance
- Pass the Background Criminal Investigation (BCI) check
- Be able to keep confidentiality and be willing to sign the confidentiality agreement form
Here’s the volunteer application form: Volunteer Application Form 2015
For those who are only interested in serving on the SLCAD board, fill out this form: Board Member Application Form 2016
For more information, EMAIL US.